Thursday, February 10, 2011

Support Networks....

Wow! It's been so long since I've blogged that I forgot my password! Geez! Anyhow, I am currently thinking of the support systems we have in our lives...

In my previous blog, I asked 2011 to bring it! Sorry I asked. On January 19, my father passed away. I knew his health was fading but thought we had more time left, so it was a  bit of a shock. The first day my dad was in the hospital, my son fell down the stairs and had to go for x-rays, I found out that my uncle and my sister's mother-in-law...whom we all consider family...were also in the hospital with serious conditions. A week after my dad's death, my mom collapsed and she spent a few days in the hospital and now today I have learned that my middle sister has lost her job. I am not complaining here, nor am I looking for sympathy, these events are all part of life. The point I want to make is that through all of this, I have had a support system. My blood family, my CrossFit Cedar Park family and my friends. You have all been amazing. <3

I have been out of CF class for some time with my recent stresses and my back injury. These last few weeks, I am back and boy, am I astounded!! The progress that has been made by our members is incredible! I see people who could not do double unders and are now stringing them together, pullups have been learned, pounds and inches have been lost. The PR bell seems to be ringing like crazy! I feel the success is not only due to the hard work of the individuals, but also to their support system. A crossfitter does not have one trainer encouraging him, he has an entire group of coaches who are all interested in helping him reach his goals. He also has the other members in his class and those in the classes following his, all rooting for him. Sure, there is some friendly competition thrown in the mix, but we all cheer for one another. Nothing warms my heart more than seeing an entire class encouraging one another to the very end! Success begets success. That is a vast support system that you won't find at your local Gold's Gym.

As for my journey back into fitness, considering my time off and the fact that I am, eh...slightly older than several others, I am happy with my progress thus far. This is what I have done so far this week:

Monday: The Carsonian
20 KB swings
200 meter run
7 rounds 12:25 RX

Tuesday:
50 wall ball
50 situps
50 double unders (grrrr...I apologize for my tantrum)
3 rounds 20:49 RX+ (16# med ball)

Wednesday:
800 meter row time trials
fastest 3:13 / slowest 3:29
10 "wipers" hanging from bar & 100 toes to bar....I have a nice blister on my palm but I completed all 100. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment